A responsibility we enjoy taking on.
As a Mercedes-Benz owner, you can count on our reputation for reliability and quality. In order to give you even greater peace of mind, every new Mercedes-Benz vehicle sold through the Mercedes-Benz network comes with a comprehensive 12-month warranty valid from the date of delivery, which can either be translated to the date of the first registration or initial operation.
You have the added assurance that all work under warranty will be carried out by qualified technicians using Mercedes-Benz GenuineParts.
How long is the warranty period?
If you purchased your vehicle from an authorised Mercedes-Benz distributor, your warranty gives you total peace of mind, no matter how many miles you drive, for 12 months from the day that your vehicle was first registered.
Any problem caused by a manufacturing fault is covered by the 12-month unlimited mileage warranty.
Carrying out warranty work does not extend the duration of the vehicle warranty. The same also applies to the warranty of spare parts. The warranty on Mercedes-Benz GenuineParts installed during the warranty period of your vehicle expires along with the vehicle warranty.
|New Actros, Actros, Arocs, Zetros
|2 years / 200,000 km
|New Actros, Actros, Arocs, Zetros
|3 years / 250,000 km
|New Actros, Actros, Arocs
|3 years / 450,000 km
What does warranty cover?
Rest assured that all items on your vehicle in its original state, as manufactured by Mercedes-Benz, will be repaired under the warranty. In these cases, Mercedes-Benz will arrange for repair or replacement of any parts necessary to get you moving again as quickly as possible – at no charge. The body builder will provide warranty for any subsequently installed components. For further information, please contact your local distributor.
Limitation of coverage:
The warranty may not cover defects caused by any form or type of external force or influence. For example:
- Improper handling of, or excessive stress on, the purchased item, e.g. during motor sport competitions or during driver training or other training measures or events.
- Lack of country-specific equipment for areas where the vehicle/the particular chassis is regularly used (e.g. equipment for low fuel quality).
- Not documenting or recording the fault at an authorised service partner.
- Customer refusing to have rectification performed promptly.
- Attachments/modifications without authorisation of Daimler AG.
- Improper use, e.g. utilisation of purchased item for trial or test purposes.
- Pre-production vehicles (not intended for delivery use).
- Use of parts other than Mercedes-Benz GenuineParts produced through the national organisation.
- Unsuitable operating fluids.
- Improper repair, maintenance, care or storage.
- Changes to performance or model.
- Exceeding legally permitted axle loads, towing capacities, tongue weight capacities or fifth wheel loads.
- Natural or environmental influences such as hail, stone chipping, bird droppings, road salt, industrial fumes and industrial dust deposits, pollen and metal dust, floods, sea water etc.
Other items which cannot be invoiced via the warranty include:
- Normal servicing and maintenance as per the service and maintenance specifications of Daimler AG.
- Wear&Tear parts, provided that this is natural wear due to operation.
- Parts with a use-by date, e.g. first aid kit, Tirefit etc.
- All adjustment operations not required to eliminate a material defect.
- Recharging and maintenance of batteries.
- Glass damage, unless it is clearly proven that a manufacturing or installation fault caused the damage.
Any expenses or losses caused by or related to the fault are not covered, either. This includes telephone calls, rental cars, hotels, taxis, time or inconvenience, any loss of profit or revenue, and consequential losses.
General warranty facts.
This warranty is the only remedy available for Mercedes-Benz and the selling retailer in respect to a warranted repair. Except for any personal injury or damage to property caused by the negligence of Mercedes-Benz or the selling retailer, liability for any other forms of loss is excluded.
This warranty replaces all other terms implied by law and any other liability arising at law in respect to the quality of the vehicle, against both Mercedes-Benz and the selling retailer. Any such terms or liabilities are therefore excluded, providing exclusion is not prohibited or negated by law.
The terms of your Mercedes-Benz warranty are in addition to your statutory rights as a consumer under a contract of sale. Providing warranty conditions have been followed, any unexpired warranty may be transferred to new owners of your vehicle. These warranty terms apply to all Mercedes-Benz vehicles registered on or after 1st January 1999. Mercedes-Benz reserves the right to modify or amend these warranty terms without notice.
GenuineParts warranty facts.
Any Mercedes-Benz parts replaced within the warranty period of the vehicle are covered until the end of that existing vehicle warranty period. Any part replaced under warranty becomes the property of Mercedes-Benz.
Mercedes-Benz GenuineParts that are purchased after the vehicle warranty period, come with a one-year warranty from the date of purchase.
How do I arrange a warranty repair?
Our priority is to get you back on the road as quickly as we can. Following the steps below will ensure that the process runs as smoothly as possible:
- Notify a Mercedes-Benz Authorised Service Centre as soon as you notice any problem that may be due to a manufacturing fault.
- Allow the Mercedes-Benz Authorised Service Centre to fully inspect the vehicle as they may not be able to diagnose all problems with a single inspection.
- Your Mercedes-Benz Authorised Service Centre will also need to see your vehicle’s service and repair history to ensure the problem is not caused by incorrect service or repair work.
- Any repair work must be carried out by a Mercedes-Benz Authorised Service Centre, and any parts used must be supplied by Mercedes-Benz. This allows us to reimburse the Mercedes-Benz Authorised Service Centre directly.
- Any faulty parts that have been replaced as part of a warranty repair become the property of Mercedes-Benz.